We all like to have that perfect writing pen that feels good, writes well, and looks better than the standard ball point pen, right? Sure we do. Tuff Products has designed such a pen that also includes additional personal defense features. It’s probably one of the better designed personal defense pens in my opinion, and here’s why:
- The pen is constructed out of AL6101 Aluminum. This is the same material that is used for the construction of aircraft and aerospace components, bicycle frames, camera lenses, drive shafts and brake components. So yes, it’s strong! This is especially important if you plan on using it for personal defense. The classic Bic stick wouldn’t hold up so well in a scuffle; I’m certain of it.
- The urban design lends itself to disguise in plain sight very well. Having something readily available for any situation, whether writing that reminder post-it note or fortifying your fist for defending yourself, is a great way to be prepared for whatever comes your way.
- The carbide tip gives you the ability to smash any vehicle window necessary in an emergency situation in the event a person or animal may be trapped inside.
- Do you like using a Stylus for your mobile device or tablet? This pen comes equipped with one at the opposite end of the carbide tip. Works great.
- In the event you are handcuffed and need to resolve that problem, the Stylus will unscrew from the end, and on the flip side of the removable piece is a handcuff key. This might not be a feature everyone will use, but if you are in need of this particular key then nothing else will do, and you’ll be glad you have it.
- The ink is able to be replaced, and uses a standard Parker ink cartridge.
I really like that it’s functional on so many different levels. And anyone can carry the Tuff Breakout Tactical Pen, regardless of your job, location, travel destination, etc. There are zero restrictions on where this pen can be carried, so it’s great for teachers, postal workers, federal building employees, the jet-setter who travels every week, and college students.
And before you burly guys out there start rolling your eyes at the fact that you think I’m advocating this as a replacement for guns, knives, flashlights, etc., I’m simply offering another good option for people who aren’t as lucky as you are to be able to carry concealed whenever they like. Other forms of personal defense, whether from a pen or otherwise, is always prudent. And if you’re going to have a pen with you anyway, why not have one with multiple uses?
Stay Safe –